Crude Fest Bottom’s Up Cook-Off
***THIS IS NOT A SANCTIONED COOK OFF***
THIS COOK OFF IS PRODUCED BY TOWNSQUARE MEDIA FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF CASH, PRIZES, FUN & BRAGGING RIGHTS
1. COOKED ON SITE — All meats will be cooked on-site. The preparation and completion of any and all meats in competition is within the confines of the cook-off site and during the time limits designated by the promoter.
2. SANITATION — Cooks are to prepare and cook in as sanitary manner as possible. Cooking conditions are subject to inspection by judging committee. Infractions identified by the judging committee shall be immediately corrected or the cook will be subject to disqualification.
3. ENTRIES PER PIT — TSM recognizes only one entry (one chief cook) will cook on a given pit. It will be the responsibility of the promoter to monitor entries. Notwithstanding, multiple entries in the same category by the same cook and multiple entries from the same piece of meat shall not be allowed.
4. BBQ PITS — the Promoter will be responsible to address the type or types of pits allowed at the cook-off.
PIT – Any commercial or homemade, trailered or untrailered, pit or smoker normally used for competitive barbeque. A BBQ Pit may include gas or electricity for starting the combustion of wood or wood products but NOT to complete cooking.
BYC (Backyard Cooker) — any cooking device by design or nature that is inherently portable and by design is intended for recreational cooking.
5. OPEN FIRES — NO OPEN FIRES WILL BE ALLOWED. VIOLATORS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED
6. CATEGORIES — Cook-off promoters shall advise contestants in advance of applicable meat categories and/or cuts of meats and/or types of cookers.
Pork Spare Ribs
Chicken — one half (1/2) fully jointed domestic chicken that includes a breast, wing, thigh, and drumstick. (NO Cornish Game Hens)
Beans — Dry Pinto Beans cooked on site * nothing larger than the bean to be put into the turn-in cup.
MARGARITAS – WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN POINT SYSTEM FOR GRAND CHAMPION AWARD.
Recommended amounts are as follows:
Brisket: seven (7) full slices approximately 1/4” to 3/8” thick
Pork Spare Ribs: seven (7) individual cut ribs (bone-in)
Chicken: 1/2 fully jointed chicken (to include a breast, wing, thigh, and
drumstick, with skin on. (NO Cornish Game Hens)
If an event has 50+ teams, it is recommended that two (2) 1/2 chickens be submitted for judging and that the brisket and pork spare rib quantities be adjusted according.
TURN-IN TIME — Turn-in times for each category shall be pre-set. Once this time is set and/or announced no changes will be made. A turn-in window often (10) minutes before and after the set turn-in time will be recognized. Judging trays received after that time will not be accepted for judging.
Proudly Sponsored By